These articles were originally written for IN PRINT!, the newsletter of the Houston Bay Area chapter of Romance Writers of America.
- Craft of Writing Books on Kindle: Quick reviews of e-books by James Scott Bell and Alexandra Sokoloff.
- Farewell to Anne McCaffrey: But Pern and its Dragons outlive their creator.
- Grammar Gremlins: Managing Misplaced Modifiers: Control those clauses to avoid being (unintentionally) funny.
- Holly Lisle: Mugging the Muse: Good advice on writing and e-publishing.
- James Scott Bell: Conflict & Suspense: If you’re a writer, this book belongs on your shelf.
- James Scott Bell: Plot & Structure: This one, too.
- Les Edgerton: Finding Your Voice: Out of print, but worth watching for.
- Remembering Phyllis A. Whitney: Along with a bookshelf of mystery novels, Ms. Whitney left us an excellent book on writing fiction.
- Software for Writers: None of these programs actually write novels, but one of them might be just what you’ve been looking for.
- The Care and Feeding of the Elusive Semicolon: A report from the Punctuation Protection Agency.
- To Be or Not To Be: Is it truly passive voice, or just passive writing?
- Writing a Novel one Hundred Words at a Time: Here’s one technique to keep your work-in-progress, well, progressing.